Walk anothers path

Walk anothers path
Learn to dance a new dance

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Humming Bird and Light


I wrote this poem in 1974. I was in the US Navy in Guantanamo Bay Cuba. Some How I guess I knew light would be needed to expose this thuth. Ours.

Light
Wa. 1974
Lynn Noel

In amazement I stand.
As I am surrounded by people.

Their faces seem friendly,
yet within their shadows
are cast their hidden truths.

For a light I pray.
A light to dissolve their shadows,
leaving only their exposed truths, for all to know.

Yet, I also have a shadow. Within it I hide all I wish not to be seen.

I find myself afraid.
Afraid of what the light will expose
my truths as well.

Shall I become one with the others
in the world and find myself hiding in the shadows;
to live in this world of darkness.

I choose the light.
I choose to have nothing to hide.

-- Picture Note: 2007. We have lots of Hummers. In the morning light we see shadows of them on the walls of our Yurt and wake to the beating of their wings. Light Brings Light.

No comments: